Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Memorable Romantic Movie Quotes

These are some of my favorite lines from some romantic movies I've watched so far.

10 Things I Hate About You
  • I hate the way you talk to me, and the way you cut your hair. I hate the way you drive my car. I hate it when you stare. I hate your big dumb combat boots, and the way you read my mind. I hate you so much it makes me sick; it even makes me rhyme. I hate it, I hate the way you're always right. I hate it when you lie. I hate it when you make me laugh, even worse when you make me cry. I hate it when you're not around, and the fact that you didn't call. But mostly I hate the way I don't hate you. Not even close, not even a little bit, not even at all. 

50 First Dates

  • Can I have one last first kiss? – Lucy

500 Days of Summer
  • Look, I know you think she was the one, but I don't. Now, I think you're just remembering the good stuff. Next time you look back, I, uh, I really think you should look again.  – Rachel
  • You weren't wrong, Tom. You were just wrong about me.  – Summer
  • I woke up one morning and I just knew. - Summer
    Knew what? - Tom
    What I was never sure of with you. - Summer
  • Every day you make me proud. But today you get a card.
  • What happened? Why - why didn't they work out? - Tom
    What always happens: life. - Summer
  • Have I seen you before? – Autumn
…I haven't seen you? – Tom
You must not have been looking. - Autumn


Adjustment Bureau
  • Most people live life on the path we set for them; too afraid to explore any other. But once in a while people like you come along who knock down all the obstacles we put your way. People who realize freewill is a gift you'll never know how to use until you fight for it. I think that's the Chairman's real plan that maybe one day we won't write the plan, you will.


A Lot Like Love
  • If it isn't love, it was a lot like it.

Accidental Husband
  • Love is supposed to nourish you.
  • You can't find something when you don't know what you're looking for.
  • Sparks cause fires, and fires will  burn your house down, so if you keep searching for good all sparky, you sure to get burned.

Breakfast at Tiffany’s
  • You know what's wrong with you, Miss Whoever-You-Are? You're chicken, you've got no guts. You're afraid to stick out your chin and say, "Okay, life's a fact, people do fall in love, people do belong to each other, because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness." You call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing, and you're terrified somebody's going to stick you in a cage. Well, baby, you're already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somaliland. It's wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself. - Paul

Bridesmaids
  • You made me feel that you really like me which was really unfair. Then you go home with me… then you just left like it was nothing.

Crazy Stupid Love
  • I'm so mad at you. I'm really mad at you for what you did. But I'm mad at myself too. Because I should not have jumped out of that car - I should have fought for you. Because you fight for your soul mates. – Cal
  • I'm wildly unhappy, and I'm trying to buy it, and it's not working. - Cal
  • I will never stop trying. Because when you find the one... you never give up.  - Cal

Date Night         
  • I'd do it again you know? Us, you, me the kids, all of it. I'd do it again. I'd choose you every time.  – Phil

Easy A
  • I might even lose my virginity to him. I don't know when will it happen. You know, maybe in five minutes, or tonight, or sixth months from now, or maybe on the night of our wedding. But the really amazing this is, it is nobody's goddamn business. – Olive
  • Whatever happened to chivalry? Does it only exist in 80's movies? I want John Cusack holding a boombox outside my window. I wanna ride off on a lawnmower with Patrick Dempsey. I want Jake from Sixteen Candles waiting outside the church for me. I want Judd Nelson thrusting his fist into the air because he knows he got me. Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie, preferably one with a really awesome musical number for no apparent reason. But no, no, John Hughes did not direct my life. - Olive

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
  • This is it, Joel. It's going to be gone soon. - Clementine
    I know. - Joel
    What do we do? - Clementine
    Enjoy it. - Joel
  • I can't see anything that I don't like about you. - Joel
    But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I'll get bored with you and feel trapped because that's what happens with me. - Clementine
    Okay. - Joel
    Okay. - Clementine
  • What a loss to spend that much time with someone, only to find out that she's a stranger. 

Flipped
(aside from book quotes)
  • It was like I wasn't even important enough to hold a grudge against.

Fools Rush In
  • Love is a gift...not an obligation. - Isabel
  • You will never know love unless you surrender to it.
  • You look lost. There are signs everywhere to help you find your way.

Friends with Benefits
  • What I lack in experience I make up for in clichés.
  •  I really have to stop buying into this bullshit Hollywood cliche of true love. Shut up, Katherine Heigl, you stupid, little liar! – Jamie
  • Why do women think the only way to get men to do what they want is to manipulate them? - Dylan
    History, personal experience, romantic comedies. - Jamie


Girl Next Door
  • Because in your heart you know, that the juice is worth the squeeze.

How Do You Know
  • You need to figure out what it is you want and learn how to ask for it.
  • We are all just one small adjustment away from making our lives work.

If Only
  • Some of the charms are old and some are new. That's a musical note, a violin. This one is a flower, what is no sense of matter at all, except it was exquisite much like yourself. Let's see... the train that we took today. And... that's the Eiffel Tower that you've always wanted to see. And... this frying pan, cause you are the only person that I know that can actually do the flipping thing. And... this one's a heart... my heart... it's yours now. – Ian
  • It doesn't matter if you have five minutes or fifty years. Samantha if not for today, if not for you I would never have known love at all... So thank you for being the person who taught me to love... and to be love. - Ian
    I don't know what to say. - Samantha
    You don't have to say anything... I just wanted to tell you. - Ian

Juno
  • I mean for real cause you're like the coolest person I've ever met and you don't even have to try. – Juno
  • I  try really hard actually - Bleeker
  • In my opinion the best thing you can you do is find a person who loves you for exactly what you are. Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you, the right person will still think the sun shines out of your ass. That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with. - Juno

Just Like Heaven
  • You saved lives. - David
    Yeah... including my own. I saved my life, for later. I just... I never thought there wouldn't be a later. - Elizabeth

Letters to Juliet
  • You can't go on forever; at some point you have to stop.
  • Then why is it that I feel like a schoolboy on Sunday. It is nearly tomorrow and I don't want to go. - Charlie
Me, either. And I always liked school. - Sophie
  • When we're speaking about love, there's never too late.
  • Sophie/Juliet's letter:  Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like - love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I will have the courage to seize it. And, Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet 

Life As We Know It
  • Look, having somebody help you doesn't mean that you failed; it just means that you're not in it alone. - Messer

Love Actually
  • Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaking suspicion... love actually is all around. 
  • True love lasts a lifetime.
  • It's my favorite part of the day, driving you.
It's the saddest part of my day, leaving you.
  • But for now, let me say without hope or agenda, just because it's Christmas and at Christmas you tell the truth to me, you are perfect. And my wasted heart will love you. Until you look like this [picture of a mummy]. Merry Christmas.
  • I should have told her everyday because she's perfect everyday.

Love and Other Drugs
  • I have never known anyone who actually believed that I was enough. Until I met you. And then you made me believe it too. So unfortunately I need you. And you need me. - Jamie
No, I don't. - Maggie
Yes, you do.- Jamie
No, I don't- Maggie
Yes, you do.- Jamie
Stop it, stop saying that. – Maggie
You need someone to take care of you. – Jamie
No, I don't! - Maggie
Everybody does.- Jamie
  • I'm gonna need you more than you need me. – Maggie
That’s okay. – Jamie
No it's not! It isn't … I have places to go! - Maggie
You'll go there. I just may have to carry you. - Jamie
I can't ask you to do that. - Maggie
You didn't. - Jamie
  • You meet thousands of people, and none of them really touched you; and then you meet one person and your life is changed forever.

No Strings Attached
  • The worst thing you can do in life is to say 'no' to love. - Adam's dad
  • You give me premature ventricular contractions...you make my heart skip a beat. - Emma
  • You have a good heart...try to keep it. - Adam's dad
  • We don't pick who we fall in love with and it never happens like it should. - Adam's dad
  • I love you. I'm totally and completely in love with you. I don't care if you think it's too late I’m telling you anyway. - Emma
Wait. You should know if you come any closer I’m not letting you go - Adam


One Day
(aside from book quotes)
  • Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today. I'll always remember it.


Pretty Woman
  • You're late.  - Vivian
    You're stunning. - Edward
    You're forgiven. - Vivian
  • People put you down enough, you start to believe it. - Vivian
    I think you are a very bright, very special woman.  - Edward
    The bad stuff is easier to believe. You ever notice that? - Vivian
Pride and Prejudice
  • If, however, your feelings have changed, I will have to tell you: you have bewitched me, body and soul, and I love I love I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on. - Darcy
Serendipity
  • You know the Greeks didn't write obituaries. They only ask one question after a man died: "Did he have passion?" - Dean

Sex and the City
  • Some love stories aren't epic novels. Some are short stories. But that does not make them any less filled with love. - Carrie

Sex and the City 2
  • It was not exactly love at first sight but it turns out it was love.

Something Borrowed
  • You're an asshole! - Rachel
    Yeah, maybe I am. But I’m the only asshole here who gives a shit about you. – Ethan

Tangled
  • Would this break her heart and crash her soul?  - Rapunzel
  • Of course! But you just got to do it. - Flynn Rider/Eugene
    • Well that's the good part I guess, you get to go find a new dream. - Eugene
    • And the thing is I’m not scared anymore…  - Rapunzel
    I'm starting to. - Eugene
    • You're my new dream. - Eugene
    And you are mine. – Rapunzel

Titanic
  • Winning that ticket, Rose, was the best thing that ever happened to me... it brought me to you. And I'm thankful for that, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do me this honor. Promise me you'll survive. That you won't give up, no matter what happens, no matter how hopeless. Promise me now, Rose, and never let go of that promise. - Jack



The Break-up
  • I just don't know how we got here. Our entire relationship, I have gone above and beyond for you, for us. I've cooked, I've picked your shit up off the floor, I've laid your clothes out for you like you're a four year old. I support you, I supported your work. If we ever had dinner or anything I did the plans, I take care of everything. And I just don't feel like you appreciate any of it. I don't feel you appreciate me. All I want is to know, is for you to show me that you care. - Brooke
    Why didn't you just say that to me? – Gary
  • I tried. I've tried. - Brooke
    Never like that, you might have said some things that meant to imply that, but I'm not a mind reader... - Gary

The Notebook
  • The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That's what I hope to give you forever. - Noah


The Switch
  • Look at us, running around. Always rushed, always late. I guess that's why they call it the human race.

The Tourist
  • Invite me to dinner, Frank? - Elise
    What? - Fran  … - Elise
    Would you like to have dinner? - Frank
    Women don't like questions. - Elise
    Join me for dinner. - Fran
    Too demanding.  - Elise
    Join me for dinner? - Frank
    Another question. - Elise
    I'm having dinner, if you'd care to join me. – Frank
  • She wanted to teach me that people have two sides. A good side, a bad side, a past, a future. And that we must embrace both in someone we love. And I tried.  - Elise

Valentine's Day
  • All we really want is love's confusing joy.

Vicky Cristina Barcelona
  • …only unfulfilled love can be romantic – Juan Antonio

When Harry Met Sally
  • I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. – Harry
When in Rome
  • It only takes a moment to see true beauty.
  • You may be talented but you're not irreplaceable.
  • You cannot learn from my mistakes, You gonna have to go out there and make your own. You can get your heart broken or you could have the greatest love affair the world has ever known.
  • The passion is in the risk. It’s like I always say, if you're going to be a bear, be a grizzly.

    3 comments: