Wednesday, January 19, 2011

13 Things LRT1 Experiences Taught Me

1. Some people can be so evil, selfish and inconsiderate!
It’s understandable that you have to fight for your rightful places in LRT1, especially during rush hours. But still, hurting other people – in the form of unnecessary elbowing, pushing and cursing – can be avoided.
Manners. It’s either you have it or you don’t. And under stress, people’s true colors will show. Unfortunately, those colors are those I’ll prefer hidden.


2. I am relatively a good person. =)
There were countless times that I could push, elbow and curse foully but I did not. Because that’s not what’s right, proper, and I don’t know what other human beings are going through. I’m just happy to know that under unfavorable conditions, I find myself behaving accordingly.

3. Sometimes you have to give ‘till it hurts – literally and figuratively.
I sometimes just find myself making my body as small as possible (and that’s saying something!) so that other people who are also in a hurry could fit in. Uncomfortable body positions and people pressing at different parts of your body can hurt.
And sometimes, when other people look more desperate, I just have to step aside.

4. Sometimes, you just have to bitch it all out.
Don’t catch me on a bad day; I can be a total bitch. Being too good makes me restless afterwards. That’s why sometimes, I intentionally forget what is “proper” and “civilized”, I just bitch it all out to persons who are VERY deserving.

5. When there’s no choice involved, deal with it!
It’s just the fastest thing from my place to my work. I don’t want to deal with EDSA traffic. Time and additional sleep are the most valuable every weekday morning.

6. Be competitive and Be Assertive
As I said, you have to fight for your rightful place. Everyday, it’s like a jungle out there; the fittest survives. Assertiveness when lines are crossed and when thieves are taking advantage of the chaos is also necessary.

7. Strategize.
I know how many kinds of trains there are, where exactly they open and who are my most aggressive competitors during a particular time. =)


8. Always smell good.
This is more of an announcement. Please.
And I’ve heard, the non-female area can smell really awesome. (If you know what I mean.)

9. The “Special Area” can really be entertaining.
Most of the time, I position myself nearest the Special Area for the elderly, less-able, children, and pregnant women – including their companions. I have a game called “Who will give their seat to whom”. And some toddlers can just really take all the stresses away.

10. Always maintain poise and grace
After all the uncomfortable moments before, during and after the train ride, maintaining poise and grace is a skill.

11. Making it in and out always gets me.
Carriedo Station, where I board every day, is almost right in the middle of Baclaran-Monumento Route. It’s also in Manila and right in the middle of a crowded area. Going in and out of the train everyday is a challenge. Every morning, people would kill to get in. Every evening, getting out looks almost impossible. Just to make it in and out the right station is an everyday achievement.

12. At the end of every ride, you just have to let go.
Don’t let it ruin your day, it’s not worth it. There are more important things out there to conquer. Letting go is a talent.

13. It’s a lot like life.
When you fail to ride one train, another one comes along.
Waiting is a necessary pain to get to where you want to be.
It is a ride, not the destination.
It can suck so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment