Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tick Tock Life Clock

Photo from buzzle.com
When we are students, our clocks work like a COUNTDOWN, counting days before end of classes, before graduation. After graduation, our life clocks zero in: 00:00:00. 

2010 was remarkable because it was the year I finally felt that the real LIFE CLOCK is finally ticking. It scares me but it makes me resolve to make every second, every year count.


* * *


During my pre-graduation days, I remember wanting for the clocks to stop working, just for a day or two. I needed time to (forgive the emo term) grieve but could not afford it because of my academic and extracurricular activities. I realized then that time stops for no one. With a clock that works like a countdown, pausing is detrimental. Time would catch up on you no matter what.

After school days, things became a lot different. Pausing became a valid option. Consequences may or may not be disadvantageous depending on whether you really need it and depending on what you do with it and what you do after.

Unlike in the life of a student, in the real world, you dictate your pace. Just be ready anytime to deal with the consequences of your actions because the real life clock doesn't work  like a countdown. There's no definite deadline; there's no "3,2,1 STOP!" You just have to put it in good fate that you're ready when it stops.


* * *
Nothing is as far away as one minute ago. 
-Jim Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment