Thursday, November 24, 2011

Quotes from the Hunger Games Series

I was hesitant to read the Hunger Games Series at first. The plot seemed to be all action-packed and I was not interested in that kind of novels. But my friends reassured me that it wasn't what I thought it was so I read the three books in ‘one-seating’.

The first book is a page-turner; the second book is as enticing as the first; the third book, in my opinion, is a letdown but still provides an interesting conclusion to the story.

* * *

These are my favorite lines from the Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins:

HUNGER GAMES

·                     I also want to tell him how much I already miss him. But that wouldn't be fair on my part.- Katniss
·                     I take his hand, holding on tightly, preparing for the cameras, and dreading the moment when I finally have to let go. - Katniss
·                     She has no idea. The effect she can have. - Peeta Mellark
·                     Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there. - Katniss
·                     Stupid people are dangerous. - Katniss
·                     "Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
            A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
            Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
            And when it's morning again, they'll wash away
            Here it's safe, here it's warm
            Here the daisies guard you from every harm
            Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
            Here is the place where I love you."
            -Katniss
·                     Well, I don't have much competition here. - Peeta
            You don't have much competition anywhere. - Katniss
·                     No, it happened. And right when your song ended, I knew - just like your mother - I was a goner. - Peeta

CATCHING FIRE

·                     I always channel my emotions into my work. That way I don't hurt anyone but myself. -Cinna
·                     You know, you could live a thousand lifetimes and not deserve him. - Haymitch
·                     “It's not necessary. My nightmares are usually about losing you,” he says. “I'm okay once I realize you're here." — Peeta
·                     Because, sometimes, things happen to people and they're not equipped to deal with them. -Katniss
·                     "Highly unlikely but not impossible."
·                     Hey. I just wanted to make sure you got home. - Katniss
            I live three houses away from you. - Peeta

MOCKINGJAY

·                     Some walks you have to take alone.
·                     They'll either want to kill you, kiss you, or be you. -Finnick
·                     "You're still trying to protect me. Real or not real," he whispers. "Real," I answer. "Because that's what you and I do, protect each other."
·                     "I knew you'd kiss me."; "How?" I say. Because I didn't know myself.; "Because I am in pain," He say's. "That's the only way I get your attention." -Gale
·                     Please feel free to take this personally- Johanna
·                     "You love me. Real or not real?"  I tell him, "Real." 

No comments:

Post a Comment